- Kawai CA99 Hybrid Piano - Satin Black IN STOCK
Kawai CA99 Hybrid Piano - Satin Black IN STOCK
Rosewood or Satin Black
- NEW: Grand Feel III wooden key keyboard action with Ivory & Ebony Touch key surfaces
- IMPROVED: SK-EX Rendering sound engine with multi-channel piano sampling
- IMPROVED: Virtual Technician function with 22 adjustable parameters
- IMPROVED: TwinDrive Soundboard Speaker system with new 360° speaker diffuser panels
- IMPROVED: Integrated Bluetooth® MIDI and audio connectivity, with aptX support
- NEW: Updated LCD touchscreen UI with sister Piano Remote control app for iOS/Android
- NEW: Stunning contemporary upright piano cabinet design with Soft Fall fallboard system
- NEW: Authentic new electric piano, organ, harpsichord, strings, and bass sounds
THE TOUCH OF A GRAND PIANO: GRAND FEEL III WOODEN KEY ACTION
Embracing many of the long-established principles associated with an acoustic piano, the Grand Feel III keyboard action utilized by the CA99 combines realistic materials, motion, and mechanism to recreate the exceptional touch of the finest concert grand pianos.
All eighty-eight black and white keys are crafted entirely from long pieces of wood, with finely textured ivory and ebony-like surfaces applied to absorb moisture and assist control. Each wooden key pivots smoothly on a balance pin – the ends rising and falling to replicate the familiar ‘seesaw’ motion of an acoustic piano action. When pressed, the back of the key lifts, triggering a grade-weighted hammer to strike a pressure switch. The amount of force applied to this switch is then measured, and the corresponding note played with authentic tonal character and volume.
Grand Feel III Action
THE SOUND OF A GRAND PIANO: SHIGERU KAWAI SK-EX CONCERT GRAND
The Shigeru Kawai SK-EX concert grand piano was conceived as the next step in evolving the art of the piano. Earning a reputation as the ‘premier piano of Japan,’ it graces the stages of concert halls and musical institutions around the globe, receiving universal acclaim for its exceptional clarity and dynamic range. The SK-EX has frequently been selected by professional pianists at such prestigious events as the Chopin, Tchaikovsky, and Rubinstein international piano competitions. With its magnificent tone and wonderfully responsive touch, the SK-EX can best be described with one word – incomparable.
In order to faithfully reproduce the stunning sound of a Shigeru Kawai concert grand piano digitally, Kawai has developed SK-EX Rendering. This special, piano-only sound engine focuses the Concert Artist’s DSP power, combining multi-channel, 88-key sampling with the latest resonance modelling technology to deliver pure acoustic piano authenticity. When SK-EX Rendering is selected, players can choose ten differently prepared piano characters ranging from Classic and Romantic, to Jazz, and even Boogie.