Used Charles Walter 1520 Riviera Oak Console
One Private Owner 1997 Oak Riveria Model 1520
One family owner.
The Charles R. Walter furniture console pianos are actually compared with other studio pianos. Because they have studio sized actions, long keys and very long strings. The piano in the inside is the same as the studio only smaller because of cabinet designs and smaller casters. The piano is even rated as a studio piano in the Piano Book. Thus allowing you to have a beautiful furniture case without any sacrafice of quality.
Graceful swirls of antique brass embellish the handsome music desk of this model which faithfully reflects the Spanish influence in furniture design. Available in Oak.
Charles Walter Piano History
The Charles Walter piano is a relatively new instrument in the world of pianos, with the company beginning in 1975 with the introduction of a 43" upright. The company prides itself on quality instruments, and produces mostly consoles and mid-sized grands that are manufactured in the USA and inspected personally by a Walter family member. The piano company remains in the hands of the Walter family, and its factory is located in Indiana.
We have listed some of the Walter 1520 unique features, but the pleasing tone, the playability, the excellent tuning stability and the ease of tuning, are also outstanding features and are impossible to photograph.
- Number of keys
- Number of dampers
- floor to keybed, 23 3/4"
- full size studio (direct blow) - Renner or Walter
- 14#, reinforced, mothproofed, Australian felt
- 16 3/16" long, 1" tall plus keybutton; individually weighted
- Key material
- Key covering material
- white-ivorine (acrylic resin) black - Phenolic resin; longer grand size
- Keybed thickness
- 1 5/8" butcherblock construction
- Keybed material
- grey iron casting finished in special bronze - O.S. Kelly - Ohio - Steinway owned
- Speaking length of longest string
- 48 1/2" (overall length 57 1/8")
- close-grained Sitka or Bavarian Spruce (not laminated)
- Size of soundboard
- 37 3/16" x 56 1/4," 2090 square inches
- 29 ply delignit
- Tuning pins
- 2/0 x 2 1/2," nickel plated head, blued thread
- Pin torques
- 100 to 200 inch pounds
- Back posts
- 5 (2 1/2" x 3 1/2") Sitka Spruce
- 3(soft, base sustain, full sustain)
- Pedal material
- solid brass
- solid brass
- Cabinet material
- Mostly 5 ply lumbercore throughout
- solid walnut, solid cherry, solid oak, solid mahogany
- Lustrous cabinet finishes
- numerous coats of stain, wood filler and lacquer, painstakingly rubbed by hand, produce the deep luster of Walter cabinets... comparable to the finish of the finest furniture.
- Cabinet dimensions
- Height 43 3/8," depth 25." Add 3/4" to depth and 1 1/4" to width for French Provincial and Queen Anne.